Tahini, Pear & Dark Chocolate Cake
Velvety rich tahini and chocolate loaf cake with poached pears and NO ADDED SUGAR, topped with a silky melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tahini sauce.
Whip one up today to enjoy with your favourite blend of coffee or tea!
This recipe is very easy to make and can be adapted so that is Vegan friendly.
3 pears (washed and peeled)
the juice from one lemon
2 medium free-range eggs (or 3 tbsp of aquafaba)
180g single cream (or soya cream)
150g dark chocolate
100g Grecious tahini
70g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Chocolate Tahini Sauce
70g single cream (or soya cream)
40g dark chocolate
40g Grecious tahini with cocoa
1. Add lemon juice in a large pot of boiling water and then immerse the peeled pears for 20 minutes. The lemon juice will prevent pears from browning.
2. To make the batter: Heat the cream in a small saucepan. Once hot, add dark chocolate (chopped into pieces) and stir with a spatula continuously until fully melted. Leave aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix eggs (or aquafaba) with tahini. Add the chocolate ganache and mix well.
4. Add the sieved flour, baking powder and salt into the tahini and chocolate mixture and mix until fully combined.
5. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a loaf cake tin with baking parchment. Add three tablespoons of the cake batter onto the bottom of the tin and then place the pears on top of the batter base. Pears should have been drained once cooked.
6. Pour the remaining batter between and around the pears. Tap the cake tin on the work surface to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. In the meantime, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, heat cream and once hot add chopped chocolate and mix until fully combined. Add tahini with cocoa and stir until you have a smooth and silky chocolate sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
8. Once cake has been cooked, remove cake from oven and let it cool for 30 minutes before demoulding. Add the chocolate tahini sauce on top until cake is fully covered.
Keep refrigerated in a sealed container for 4 days.
If you make this recipe, do not forget to post pictures on Instagram and tag @grecious_ltd