This is not just ANY banana bread it's our Best Ever Tahini Banana Bread.
Soft, moist and perfectly delicious our version is made with wholegrain tahini, soft brown sugar, topped with banana chips for that extra crunch.
150g self raising flour
140g unsalted butter
120g soft brown sugar
2 large free range eggs
1 tsp baking powder
80g wholegrain tahini (or plain)
2 very riped bananas, mashed
1 tsp ground cinnamon
banana chips for decoration (optional)
1. Heat oven to 180C/ 160C Fan/ Gas 4
2. Butter a 900g (2lb) loaf tin and line base and sides with baking parchment.
3. Beat 140g softened butter and 120g soft brown sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 150g flour.
4. Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 mashed bananas and tahini. Do not overmix at this stage as will make the bread chewy and tough.
5. Place banana chips in a clean plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin. Pour cake batter into the tin and decorate with banana chip crumbs. Tap cake on the counter several times and bake for about 50 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before carefully inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
This cake will keep up to 3 days if kept in a sealed container.